Hello and welcome on our brand-new baking and cooking blog:) I know it is like the thousandth that you may have read, but we are trying to give you something different:) Hope you'll enjoy it!
Our "first" attempt was an original Red Velvet Cake from Bakerella.
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 Tbs unsweatened cocoa
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- 1 cup buttermilk (or 1 Tbsp vinegar and milk until 1 cup is filled)
- 1 Tbs vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 oz.(or 1/4 cup) red food coloring
Cream cheese frosting:
- 8 oz.(1 cup) cream cheese (room temp.)
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temp.)
- 1 tsp vanilla extarct
- 5 1/2 or 6 cups confectioners' (powdered) sugar
1.Preheat oven to 350°F.
2.Grease and flour a 9-inch cake pan.
3.In a medium bowl mix all the dry ingredients with a whisk.
3.In another bowl mix all the liquid ingredients.
4.Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix them on medium-high until combined.
5.Pour batter into pan.
6.Bake for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
7.Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove cake from pan and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
MAKE THE Frosting:
- Sift sugar
- Beat cream cheese and butter on high until creamy. Add vanilla extract.
- Gradually add sugar. Scrape down sides in between additions.
CUT THE CAKE INTO HALVES AND FROST THEM!
AND HERE WE GO: