For the first time we made a breakfast dish, scrambled eggs from the "Végre otthon!" by Stahl Judit. At first, we didn't want to believe that this simple breakfast could be this awesome. Literally, we were just staring at each other at the table and ate without a sound. (Just to let you guys know that is really, really rare that we are silent)
Enjoy! (we did ;)
Ingerdients (for 3 of us):
- 5 eggs
- 1 Tbs heavy cream
- 5 dkg (half stick) butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- fresh ground black pepper as desired
- Make a water bath by boiling water in a large sauce pot (2-3 l) and placing a smaller pot that fits perfectly. Have only that much water in the pot that it does not reach the bottom of the smaller pot.
- Mix the eggs and the heavy cream with a wire wisk until smooth.
- As soon as the water boils in the larger pot reduce temperature to medium-low.Wait until boiling sound gets soft. Melt butter in the smaller pot.
- Add the egg mixture to the molten butter, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper, for 8-10 minutes stir constantly until eggs are smooth and creamy.(Always work towards the center because eggs cook on the rare more quickly!)
It's better have the scrumbled eggs on warm plates, so you can either put them in the oven or microwave oven for a couple of minutes.:)